I’ve been such a slacker, it has been way too long since I’ve done one of these! But I got my act together today to put together not 5, but 6 outfits using my polka dot sweater. One is a bit of a wild card as I’m not sure I would be brave enough to wear it out in public – you all can help me decide!
1. Dots & Leopard. I love the idea of polka dots mixed with leopard! I simply paired my sweater with casual rolled jeans and added my leopard print pumps.
2. Dots and Stripes. I love pattern mixing in the same color families. Here I paired my sweater with a striped ponte pencil skirt and simple black pumps.
Skirt – Old Navy, Pumps – Payless
3. Now for a little layering over the sweater, I decided to add my cargo vest, skinnies, and my new ankle boots. Still figuring out how to wear jeans with ankle boots. I ended up folding these under and letting them scrunch a bit. Any suggestions?
4. This was based on an outfit I saw on The Duchess of Cambridge at the Olympics – a red blazer over polka dots. I love this, definitely the most “me” of the bunch. I just added skinny jeans and my bow front black peep toes.
5. I love winter white on winter white, so that inspired me to pair this sweater with my winter white pants. I added red heels for a pop of color, and a clutch in a contrasting pattern.
Pants – WHBM (similar), Shoes – hand me down, Clutch – Ann Taylor, Necklace – Premier Designs
6. And now for the wild card… polka dots on polka dots! This blog isn’t called Denim & Dots for nothing… What do you think? Fun or Too much?
In case you want a pair of your own polka dot pants and are wondering about sizing, mine are a 2.
Pants – Ann Taylor (30% off now!), Shoes – Payless
Have you picked up a polka dot sweater yet? Hope you all have a great weekend!