I don’t make it over Whole Foods very often, because I generally get all my shopping done at Trader Joe’s (much cheaper than Whole Foods) and Spud.com. But they do have a few things that I can only get there so last night Michael picked me up from work and we headed over. I brought along the recipes I was planning to make this week so I could get the stuff I needed as well. Whole Foods apparently was trying to make my life more difficult because what did I need for 2 of my recipes this week? Cilantro. They were out. Ok, dried cilantro it is. Now onto the chipotles in adobo sauce. Nope, out again. Really Whole Foods? Well, the recipe I was planning on making for last night’s dinner is now missing a few key ingredients. Guess I will be forced to get creative. So here is my take on it given my lack of proper ingredients.
1 medium spaghetti squash to serve 2 people
1 15 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
1/2 a 4 oz. can of diced Hatch green chile (from Trader Joe’s)
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tsp. crushed garlic
3/4 cup of chicken stock
1 lb. of thawed uncooked shrimp with shells removed
1/4 of a large onion, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried cilantro
1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
Sour Cream (optional)
1. Cook spaghetti squash in oven or microwave. I split mine in half and microwaved for about 8 minutes.
2. While that is cooking, get your butter melted in skillet over medium high
3. Add onion and garlic to skillet and sautee for a minute or 2
4. Reduce heat to medium and add diced tomatoes and green chile to skillet along with chicken broth, salt, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro. Stir while it thickens up for about 5 minutes or so.
5. Add shrimp to skillet and sautee in sauce until shrimp are cooked through 4-6 minutes
6. Scoop spaghetti squash into bowls
7. Spoon shrimp and sauce over spaghetti squash and garnish with a lime wedge and a dollop of sour cream if desired. Enjoy!
I currently have Easy Paleo Crock Pot Chicken Curry with Peppers and Cabbage in the slow cooker, stay tuned for my review tomorrow!