Michael had an event at work today and took the camera! Boo! I think I need my own… this also means my tasty butternut squash beef stew recipe will have to wait until Monday.
So hmm, what to blog about today? I’m going to do a beauty blog and give some link love I think.
First some links I’m loving this week:
1. It’s no secret I love Tom Naughton’s blog, his posts always entertain – here is a great one regarding Denmark trying to control people’s food choices through taxes, and another insightful one from awhile back called MeMe Roth: A Burden on Us All.
2. In case you missed it on my post a few weeks ago, the Chicago Dept of Health doing their best to shut down small business owners that are using real food instead of fake stuff.
3. Check out Jessica Quirk’s fun homemade halloween costumes!
4. So excited for lots of squash in the stores! Definitely want to give this recipe from Nom Nom Paleo a try.
5. In the market for a new winter coat? – check out these 20 picks from Angie at You Look Fab.
6. I’m not much of a baker, but my good friend April said these grain free Pumpkin Spice Cakes are amazing and I love pumpkin! Just picked up some organic canned pumpkin from Trader Joe’s and can’t wait to make these for a party I am having in a few weeks.
Now onto the fun make up and hair stuff! Here are my favorite products – what are yours?
Need a hair spray that really works? – my favorite is this Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm hold (and I have tried a lot of hairspray!)
The foundation I use everyday is Make Up For Ever. I also love their concealer and mascara.
Do you ever deal with eyeliner smuging for that lovely black ring under your eyes? Well, problem solved with a thin layer of Benefit’s Shelac – this stuff is a must have! Unfortunately I can’t find this anywhere online, and am hoping it isn’t discontinued because that will make me very sad. If you are interested, stop in at your local Macy’s Benefit counter and ask.
For blush I am a big fan of NARS – just the right amount of sparkle for everyday use.
And my new favorite lipstick is MAC – recently picked up a great color for Fall called Craving.
Hope you all have a great weekend! Regular recipe and outfit posting will resume on Monday!