Onions and Apples are a go to for me when putting together a pork chop recipe. I happened to have both of these on hand (apples aren’t a staple for us) but I needed something to do with my pork chops and I wanted to use the Crockpot so I came up with this! Turned out quite delicious and it was quite simple – win, win.
6 boneless pork chops
2 small sweet onions or 1 large
Salt, Pepper, and Thyme for seasoning
3/4 cup of chicken broth
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Dice up apples and onions into chunks and spread in bottom of Crockpot
2. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme
3. Put pork chops on top of apple and onions
4. Mix chicken broth and apple cider together and pour over pork chops and veggies
5. Sprinkle pork chops with salt, pepper, and thyme
6. Cook on low for 8 hours of on high for 4
And here it is when finished in Crockpot
I flipped the chops over when I got home so the juices could sink into the side up while I made Broccoli Blasted and here is our dinner! Just spoon the apple and onion sauce on top of your chops. Next time I would serve the broccoli in small bowls on the side instead of the plates so the juices don’t make it uncrispy – but it was still very tasty!