This recipe is originally from PALEOdISH and it was delicious! It made a big pot and I am very excited for my lunch leftovers today! This wasn’t originally made in the slow cooker, but I think just about any soup or stew recipe can be made in the Crockpot so I made a few changes to this and it was ready when I walked in the door last night!
- 1 pre cooked Rotisserie chicken from grocery store (or cook your own, this was just easier for me)
- 6 cups of chicken broth for stew consistency, 8 cups for soup consistency, I went with 6
- celery, onion, carrots and sweet potatoes (I used yellow squash instead of celery because that is what I had on hand. I used just 1 sweet potato to keep the carb content low still, a bag of baby carrots, and 1 sweet onion)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk (Organic, full fat)
- 1 lime -squeezed, plus some zest
- 1 tsp Sambal Oelek (chili paste)
- 3 tsp curry paste (I used Thai green curry paste)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Night before you are going to cook, chop veggies and put in crock pot and refrigerate. I also pull out all the cans and spices I need the night before so they are ready to throw in. Also shred rotisserie chicken and put in container to refrigerate.
In the morning, pull out the pot and add chicken to veggies. Add some salt and pepper at this point. Then add the can of tomatoes, the coconut milk, the chicken broth, and all of the spices, lime, and chili/curry paste. Add a little more salt and pepper and then stir to combine everything.
Cook on low all day and come home to this!